Saturday, May 1, 2010

Home

You know that saying "You don't know what you've got, 'till it's gone"? (I'm pretty sure there's a grammar error at the end of that...)

Well, I believe that to be very true, although I am very grateful for this crazy, beautiful life. I have so many blessings, including family, friends, the opportunity to attend PA school and affect many patient's lives in the future.... among many others.

I don't think that it takes "losing" something or someone to realize what you currently "have." Sometimes you just have to slow down in life and look at all of it's blessings. Take a deep breath. Live life to the fullest - as if it were your last. Thank God each day.

As we wind down the semester, I am looking forward to spending some much needed time with those that I am closest with. I am not going to Nebraska on this break, but will be on the beach in Mexico for five days and then in Austin.

Austin...

I have said it before many times, but I love Austin. I miss the city, the great/unique Austinites, my great friends, town lake (Lady Bird Lake, whatev) and all things Austin. I can't wait to be back for a few days. I can only imagine that it will be very hard to return to Fort Worth after the break. I have something to look forward to each time I know I will be visiting the ATX.

I moved to Fort Worth July 1 last year so in two months I will have lived here for one year. Crazy. I do like Fort Worth and it's uniqueness as well, but I have not spent a whole lot of time exploring a lot that it has to offer. In my "spare time" I do like to explore Sundance Square downtown -- if I'm not in Austin. ;)

God-willing, I will be back in Austin after PA school. His plans are my plans.

See you soon Austin & friends.

love,
adg

No comments:

Post a Comment