Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer!

Well, I haven't blogged in over a month! We were on our "summer break" for two weeks. It was an A-MAZING break. Jason and I went to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) for five days and then the rest of the time in Austin. I spent some time by the pool in Austin since it was not 'beach weather' in Playa (cloudy and overcast). In addition, I spent time running errands, attending weddings, baby showers and other parties! I am so grateful to have such blessed, positive, influential friends.

You may be wondering what we did in Playa. Well, I can honestly say that we ate a lot of food. Our resort was all-inclusive. which I have never experienced. We could basically eat whenever we wanted and got drinks at any time as well. They even had cute tiki huts on the beach! As I mentioned, it was cloudy so we didn't spend a whole lot of time on the beach. We checked out the resort, swam, enjoyed the spa, got a massage (I did anyway ;), and went to Chichen Itza in the Yucatan Peninsula. This is one of the seven wonders of the world and it was pretty amazing. It was VERY hot the day that we went, but worth it. It was a three hour drive from Playa and on the way back we stopped at a cave where there was a spring-fed swimming hole inside.

Of course, after all of the play-time - you must return to reality! We are in our summer session of classes. We are taking two courses - EKG & Dermatology. The session lasts five weeks -- and is very intense/compact (more-so than PA school "normally"). In July we get another two week break before the fall semester. I will essentially have a one week break as I am obligated to be on campus for orientation for the incoming first-year PA students. I am vice president of a student organization and assisting with orienting the new students is part of my duty. I am excited for the new students to arrive!

With all that said, I am officially a 2nd year PA student! I don't mind admitting that it is quite an accomplishment - mostly because I am not sure that I would ever do it again! ;) Thank you for your support and love over the last year. I am grateful for your prayers and ask for your continued support and prayers!

June is a busy month - not only with a hectic school schedule but with more weddings, etc.! Some of the activities include a party barge (an annual tradition), Christi's wedding (bridesmaid dress #12 I think), Wicked (musical) in Dallas and Fourth of July Symphony Orchestra! We only have class a few days a week so I need to budget my time so that I can do these summer activities!

Thanks again!

With love,
adg

No comments:

Post a Comment