Happy Easter!
This year is full of 'firsts.' First year of PA school, first time in a brand new apartment, first laptop, first time of suffering from 'Macy's shopping withdrawals,' first time blogging, first time living next to Trinity River instead of Lake Austin/360 bridge, etc..
I am thankful for the new relationships I have formed in the last year, including those of classmates. It is my new family in Fort Worth, although I do not feel as though it is "home." My good friend Jen said once that 'home' is where you make 'it' but I know that my heart is still in Austin. I didn't usually go home for Easter when I lived in Austin but I miss my 'tight-knit' group catholic family of friends, especially during holidays! God-willing, I will be back in Austin after school, practicing medicine.
I wish that I could be home for Easter this year, especially after losing two family members - my Grandpa & great uncle. Matt flew home tonight but I will be here studying all weekend. I will celebrate by studying (that was a joke), attending mass (of course) and attending a BBQ tomorrow with good friends here in Fort Worth.
It has started to warm up here in the Fort - I have realized that I am not ready for summer! I am ready to move on new classes and into our 2nd year of PA school, but I am not ready for the smothering heat! As long as I live in Texas, I will complain (that's just what I do) about the heat, but I wouldn't trade living in the great state for anything! :)
Happy Easter!
prayers & love~
adg
No comments:
Post a Comment