Friday, April 9, 2010

Five weeks!

We only have five weeks of school left this semester! It is crunch time for Master's project and time to get ready for our two weeks of finals. I'm looking forward to vacation and this is my motivation to get through (and work out more). ;) Instead of heading to Austin this weekend to co-host a wedding shower, I am staying in the Fort to work on Master's. We are working on reading 15 journal articles and then will write 15-20 pages based on our findings. It is a systematic review or a meta-analysis. My partner and I chose bipolar disorder and family psychotherapy. I would much rather study than write our paper!

There is a big art festival downtown Fort Worth this weekend; Matt and I are heading down there tonight to check it out and grab something to eat. He lives pretty close to downtown but I am sure we will get some exercise trying to find somewhere to park. It started yesterday and goes until Sunday. The rest of the weekend will entail writing, studying and cleaning...

Next weekend our class is participating in a fundraiser for our class. We will be working at Texas Motor Speedway (north of the DFW metroplex). It will be a very long day of serving food and beer to the race fans but it will bring in a modest amount of money for our class. This money will be used mostly for our "boot party" which is a big party that is held at a place of our choice. The 'boot' signifies our class getting 'booted' off of campus and proceeding to rotations! One more year! But one day at a time... :)

The weather is still perfect! Cool in the morning and 70s during the day! It has been quite windy, though. I am starting to wonder if it more windy up here in DFW than it is in Austin.

Have a great weekend!

love,
adg

No comments:

Post a Comment