We're all trying to get back into the groove of studying after our week break. I had a minor bump in the road today as I came down with an illness. Matt and I ate sushi last night but I'm diagnosing myself with a virus. To make a long story short, I haven't felt that bad in a long time!
There have been many stories shared this week from the mission trip. We were advised to journal about our experiences each day but that did not happen with most. As I tell stories this week, the most notable to me is the family that I mentioned in my previous blog. It was a grandmother, mother and her two kids. So many learned skills were utilized. In this case, I had to counsel the mother on suicide. We have learned how to handle this in our psychiatry class and I remembered many of the important questions to ask when I was speaking with her. Many of my classmates also had lots of "firsts" on the trip including many physical exam skills that would not have been practiced until our second year of school, prior to rotations.
April will be a very crazy busy month with school. We are to hand in a rough draft of our Master's thesis at the end of the month - of which has not been started! It will get done in time but I will more than likely have to sacrifice more trips to Austin in order to get it complete.
We are done with school May 12 - just before Jon & Chelsea's wedding in Louisianian. I will go to Austin after we are done with class and drive with friends to Plaquemine, LA. Then, Jason and I are going on a vacation! It will be much needed after completing year one of PA school!
Prayers to you~
adg
No comments:
Post a Comment