(above: me saying "yes!") :)
Hola from a cold Fort Worth!
Well, relatively speaking it is not "cold" in Texas compared to my family reading this in Nebraska. ;)
My great friend Sarah is having her 30th b-day in a few weeks. I am having mine in a few months. Time flies! Jason asked me if being engaged before I was thirty was a "goal" - I told him that being married probably would have probably been a better criteria for turning thirty. ;) But, if you know me well (and most of you do) you would know that I am not one of those girls who had her life "planned out" from when she was a little girl. I am a relaxed person and I guess my temperament, etc. never really allowed for deadlines of such milestones. If you would have asked me 5-6 years ago when my life changed after meeting so many amazing friends through my church community in Austin, I would have probably said I would have like to be married by the age of thirty.
Cheers to being blessed with so many God-given gifts by age 30! I have faith, hope, love, wonderful family, a hard-working God-centered fiancée, a network of friends in Austin & Fort Worth and many other gifts!
While we're on the topic of three's....
We have three exams in six days. We have completed midterms in emergency medicine and gastroenterology. Monday is genitourinary. Let's hope that Monday's exam is not as complex as Friday's GI!
We have not set a date yet for the wedding but we are looking at the end of June 2012. It all depends on the calendar of St. Thomas More in Austin, of course. We are gathering planning lists, etc. so that we can get started! The long distance planning will be supported by an amazing & organized fiancée, Jason and also by my time in Austin from April-July for rotations.
I hope that you are all staying warm and doing well as 2011 gets off to a start! God Bless all of you!
prayers & love,
adg
Go Gilly!!!!
ReplyDelete