Jason works in the Education Sales Dept. for Apple Inc. The top performers earn a trip to ‘Sales Club’ each year. This year the trip was in the Cayman Islands – specifically Grand Cayman. We arrived in Grand Cayman around 1 p.m. on Saturday, one day earlier than the rest of the Apple group. Upon exiting the plane, we noticed the immediate change in weather – 80 degrees. We took a taxi to the (five-star) hotel, Grand Cayman Ritz-Carlton, on Seven Mile Beach.
Upon arriving to the Ritz and settling into our room, he asked what I wanted to do and insisted that I go to the hotel spa, Silver Rain, after we eat lunch. He had been here before on Club trips and knew that I would enjoy it, being that it was the nicest spa he had ever been to – and the voted the nicest spa in the Caribbean. He asked what else I wanted to do and I replied that I didn’t want to be in charge since I was on vacation and he could decide what we do (this decision was in his favor, as you will soon read.) After the manicure we would watch the sunset (being one of the top beaches in the world) and then go to dinner.
I of course did not resist going to a world famous spa. He called Silver Rain to get me a massage but the times didn’t work out for same-day appointments. Therefore, he said “Why don’t you get a manicure? When is the last time that you had a manicure?” I replied that it had been a while and agreed. He scheduled my manicure for 3:45 and we then walked a few blocks to eat lunch at a local café, enjoying our first frozen cocktail.
Upon arrival back to the Ritz and Silver Rain, I went to my manicure appointment and he “went shopping for swim trunks since he forgot to pack them (among making other arrangements).” I entered into the amazing spa after changing into my robe. Since it is a five-star hotel, one can expect nothing less of the spa. There was a relaxation room for before and after treatments, a hot tub, and a sauna. The customer service (and food) have set a new standard of excellence for me.
After my manicure, I needed to shower (after getting up at 2:30 a.m. for our flight) and get ready for dinner. He told me that I didn’t have time before sunset. I asked at least three more times and always got the same answer of no and that I would have to wait until after we got back from the beach.
We walked down to the beach and the view was breathtaking. We proceeded to walk to one side of the private property of the Ritz. I took a few pictures of the sunset and we turned around to walk the other way. We got to the other end and he said “Well, this is the end.” I thought to myself, there is about five more miles of beach, why did he say this is the end? He proceeded to hug me and tell me that he loved me. I also stated my love for him and he continued to say that he really loved me, wanted to spend every day with me and every day in heaven with me. He started to tremble and cry when saying these words and I felt him release the hug with one arm and reach into his pocket. I was definitely suspicious now. He again expressed his love and proceeded to get down on one knee. “Will you marry me?” I of course said yes! We embraced one another again and I then asked if someone was taking our picture? Yes, sure enough his friend/coworker Megan was taking pictures since we had stepped foot onto the sand. We walked over to her and said hello and thank you. We continued back to the beach and we were then greeted with champagne and strawberries.
Now, I was able to take a shower and put on makeup. We went to dinner at Reef Grill where we enjoyed our first dinner as an engaged couple and celebrated with a complimentary dessert from the restaurant manager. We reminisced the moment on the beach and Jason said that he knew God was present and shining down on us in the sunset.
As we enjoy being engaged in the upcoming months, we ask for your continued prayers. Jason will be doing most of the planning since he will be in Austin and I will be on clinical rotations, starting in March. Thank you for your support through the years. We look forward to the preparations and starting our life together, as witnessed by God, family and closest friends!
God Bless!
Love,
Amber & Jason
You can see the pictures here!
No comments:
Post a Comment