Saturday, December 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I've been in Nebraska for about two weeks - the longest I've been home in a very long time. It is nice to relax but I admit that I may be going a little stir crazy being in the house for up to 2-3 days. By this, I mean not leaving the house because it is so cold outside. If studying for six months didn't put a 'damper' on my social skills, being in 'the middle of nowhere Nebraska' & stranded in the house for days on end will add to that! Although, my Mom doesn't think that is possible...

We are aiming to leave Monday morning. Matt & I will only be taking one of his cars to Texas. Hopefully we can drive straight through (without any blizzards) to Fort Worth Monday and then on to Austin Tuesday. We have only spent time with half of the family, so sadly enough, some Christmas festivities may have to wait until next year.

I was hoping for a white Christmas but on Christmas Eve, I was quick to note that I was not a big fan of snow anymore! It is great to come home, celebrate & relax but I must admit that it is another reason that I love Texas!

Have a safe & blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment