Thursday, September 9, 2010

No exams?

Labor Day was here. Now, it is gone! Time flies! I had an amazing weekend with Jason and friends in Austin. We went tubing on the Comal River in New Braunfels, attended pool parties, graduation parties and enjoyed each other's company. It was VERY nice to not study for a couple of days.

We do not have any exams this week or next. Crazy! I almost don't know what to do with my time! We have plenty of other "busy work" to keep us occupied. Group projects, online quizzes, writing assignments, preparing master's project presentation and did I mention group projects.....? There are a lot of them! They are time consuming but it is nice to have supplemental points - rather than exam scores only.

I was telling Jason earlier how it is very hard to be surrounded by people whose values are different than your own. Being in school and away from my "home" and comfort zone of great friends in Austin makes me appreciate those friends even more. It is easy to talk about others and disrespect others. It doesn't take much for me to get fed up with others talking about "pop culture" and disrespecting others! I can not wait to be done with school and back home with my friends! I miss all of you dearly!

This weekend is the TAPA (Texas Association of Physician Assistants) state conference. It is here in Ft. Worth! I am excited to attend sessions and be reminded of why we are working so hard in school! It is a great experience all around and a chance to network with PA colleagues. I will keep my eye out for PA positions in Austin! ;)

Here is the website:
http://www.tapa.org/index.cfm

We have completed these blocks: dermatology, geriatrics, endocrinology and hematology.

We are currently studying these blocks: cardiology, obstetrics/gynecology and master's project. Our poster presentation is next Friday, Sept. 17 and then we will complete our FINAL draft of our paper/thesis. YES! I can't wait to be done with that!

Have a great weekend! I will be networking, socializing and learning about medicine with other Texas PA students and professionals!

prayers & love,
adg

No comments:

Post a Comment